Gucci bags are luxury items and in many cases can have a high price, so going to the used market may be advisable if you are looking to save some money.
If you are thinking of buying designer handbags of this brand, be sure to read this post. In it we show you a series of tips and recommendations so you can buy a second hand Gucci handbag with the maximum of guarantees.
WHAT SHOULD I CHECK?
In order to avoid unpleasant surprises and to be successful with the purchase of your used Gucci handbag, it is recommended that you take certain aspects into account. Here are the main checks to be made:
– Visual aspect: carry out a basic check of the general state of conservation of the bag. Look for scratches, stains, small tears, defective parts, … Take a good look at the bag for each and every one of its external parts.
– The inside of the bag: don’t forget to check the inside of the bag. Pay attention to the interior lining, interior pockets, … These must be clean and without excessive stains. Keep in mind that a bag may be externally in good condition but that inside is in poor condition, so never forget to make this check.
– Other elements to check: it is important to check elements such as seams, zippers, buckles, magnets, bandoliers, closures, … Verify that everything is in optimum condition.
Make sure to check this great article Faux Gucci guide by Mau-fashion that explains all the aspects and details that you need to know before buying from Gucci
– Authenticity: as it is a luxury item, this type of handbags are liable to be counterfeit. That is why it is important that you carry out a good verification of its authenticity. Presta tención to the level of finish and quality of materials of any handbag Gucci second hand.
– Find out about the model and its price: find out and ask the seller for the exact model of bag. This way you will be able to search the internet for the price of the same handbag model that you want to buy. The price you are asked for the bag should be competitive and similar to the competition. However, keep in mind that the price may vary depending on the state of conservation of the Gucci bag.
Whether to buy or sell a second hand luxury handbag (Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Michael Kors, Carolina Herrera, …) do not forget to visit our online store.
TIPS FOR SELLING A USED GUCCI HANDBAG
When selling a handbag by this well-known Italian manufacturer and designer in the second-hand market, it is important that you take certain aspects into account. Below and to help you in your sale, we show you everything you need to do whenever you want to sell a second hand Gucci bag.
Whenever you are going to sell a luxury bag, like a Gucci bag, it is important that you are demanding in every step you take and your maximum obsession is to stand out from the competition. In other words, make potential buyers choose your handbag and not those who may be selling other sellers.
Let’s see which are all those aspects that will help you achieve it and the main tips and recommendations that you should keep in mind.
Specify well the exact model: in the market, there are countless models, so it is important for the buyer to know exactly which is the bag you are selling. In this way, the seller will be able to compare your bag with other similar ones that may be in the second-hand market.
Also, it will be useful when the buyer can find you on the Internet, either on Google (or other search engines) or in a store or platform specializing in second-hand brand bags.
NOTE: some of the main models of Gucci bags are the Tote, Soho, Tribanda Vintage, Supreme, Ophidia, Sylvie, Marmont, Dionysus, Broadway, Nymphea, Padlock, Tian, Lilith, Queen Margaret, Osiride, …
2. Characteristics of the handbag: not only is it important that you specify the model in your sales ad, but it is also important that you provide all kinds of information about the handbag such as the type of bag (shoulder bag, mini bag, handbag, …), type of skin, …
3. Its state of conservation: it is important that you report on the state of conservation of the Gucci handbag. Since it is a second-hand bag, it is a type of information that the potential buyer should know. Keep in mind that the better its state of conservation, the more money you can ask for it and the greater the chances of sale.
4. Zippers, zippers and magnets: check and verify that they are all in good condition and that they function correctly.
5. External cleaning and cleaning of the interior lining: as we have commented before, a well cleaned bag always increases your chances of a sale. So you know, leave it clean both inside and outside.
6. Check all the pockets: don’t forget to check that all the pockets are clean and empty. Verify that you leave nothing in them (money, keys, cards, …).
7. Sell on the Internet: you must focus your efforts on making your sale online. Look for online stores, platforms, applications that allow you to sell your handbag Gucci second hand on the Internet. This way you will be able to reach the maximum number of buyers possible.
8. Texts of the sale advertisement: making a sale advertisement is vital, but for it to work, it must be of quality. Write a good title and a good description in which it is clear both the model of the bag Gucci, as its state of preservation.
It informs about any small defect (scratched, small breakage, …) that the bag could have and about all the accessories that you include next to the bag (bag to keep it, spare straps, certificate of authenticity, …). Check your texts and verify that they do not present spelling mistakes.
9. The more photos, the better: more important than the texts are the images. For this reason, we recommend that you always take several photos of the Gucci bag so that the buyer can visually check the real state of the bag. Take a general photo and others in which you can see the bag in detail (rear photos, lower, side, interior photos, photos of the shoulder strap and buckles, …). To make the bag stand out more, it is advisable to take the photos with a white background. And obviously, the photos must be of quality and must be well focused and illuminated.
10. Certificate of authenticity: one of the main concerns that the buyer may have is about the authenticity of the Gucci handbag. Think that like many other luxury items, there are some units on the market that are not authentic. Therefore, if you have the original certificate of authenticity, do not hesitate to add it next to your bag.
11. Maximum ease of payment: the buyer must be able to pay you as they please. Do not limit the sale to a single form of payment. We recommend that as a minimum you offer payment in cash, bank transfer, and PayPal.