We are all born with one or more beautiful features. It may be a dazzling smile, an aquiline nose or dark, expressive eyes with impossibly long lashes or it may simply be a silky smooth skin. Although most of us will never look like Masami Nagasawa, Liu Wen or Aimee Chang Bradshaw, we can accentuate our beautiful features… naturally.
Our natural beauty secrets don’t involve expensive cosmetics, tedious cleaning rituals or going under the surgeon’s knife. They are great little tips you can apply to your day to day life and look your sensational best in no time at all.
So, if you want to look and feel great, take note of our natural beauty tips and you’ll have the guys lining up to take you on a date.
Eat Healthy and Look Stunning
You can spend hours plucking, primping, grooming and applying layer upon layer of make-up and still look and feel average at best. That’s probably because you’re not focussing on what you’re putting into your body as ‘fuel’.
If you don’t eat the correct amount of healthy food every day, your hair will be dull and lifeless, your skin dry and prone to wrinkles and your body scrawny and saggy or plump and obese. According to dieticians we need to eat five small portions of food a day.
That doesn’t mean you have the license to nibble away at confectionaries, chocolate, and all the naughty sugary stuff. It means you must rather eat several small helpings of good healthy food rather than bingeing out on huge portions one or two times a day.
What we eat, however, is as important as how much or how often we eat. Fruit and vegetables should ideally make up the bulk of our daily dietary intake. Fats and carbohydrates are not your friends and should be restricted. Sugar must be banned completely and protein intake limited to a small portion of meat, eggs, cheese or soya each day.
In addition to eating small portions of a nutritional diet, there are special foods that enhance the glow of your skin and natural luster of your hair. If you integrate foods rich in certain oils and vitamins into your daily diet you’ll look stunning in a matter of weeks.
Here are three food-based beauty elixirs that are good for you… inside and out:
- Omega-3 oils are great for your skin. They soften, hydrate and add a glow to the outer you. Wrinkles are banished and the effects of acne reduced, so be sure to add a portion of salmon, sardines, chia seeds, walnuts, broccoli, flaxseeds and/or avocado pear to your daily diet.
- Vitamin C builds collagen, the most important structural protein of the skin. It also boosts hair and nail growth and is found in a wide range of Asian vegetables – bok choy, Chinese okra, daikon, edamame beans, mizuna and bitter cucumber.
- Vitamin A & E are powerful antioxidants that attack free radicals and arrest the aging process. Almonds, pumpkin, Swiss chard, long beans and edamame beans are jam-packed with the good stuff.
Facial Exercises for Gorgeous Girls
You can tone your facial muscles and look younger and more beautiful with a few easy-to-do exercises. What’s great about this regime is you can do it sitting down and without breaking into a sweat!
All you really have to do is pull the usual facial expressions in an exaggerated manner and hold the poses for a little longer than you would usually. OK, not all of them are ordinary facial expressions. Nonetheless… it’s like practicing yoga for the face!
Here are 4 facial exercises that’ll transform you from great into gorgeous:
- Raise your eyebrows as high as possible, open your eyes and frown.
- Pucker your lips into the perfect O and then smile as broadly as you can.
- Move your nose from side to side as far as you can.
- Open your mouth wide, stick your tongue out as far as possible and hold for five seconds.
Repeat the exercises 5 to ten times, morning and evening but be sure there’s no-one peeking!
Happy on the Inside – Stunning on the Outside
Be happy. It may seem like an oversimplification but happy people are more attractive than sullen, unhappy folk. A beautiful smile can light up your entire being and make you look younger, fresher and healthier.
Finding true happiness isn’t always easy especially in today’s troubled world but there are a few things you can do that’ll delight you and ignite your inner child. Do something nice for someone and you’ll instantly feel good about yourself… and it’ll show in your broad smile and twinkling eyes.
Take part in activities that make you feel happy and appreciative of all the positive things you have around you. It can be a long solitary walk along the beach; unleashing the endorphins in the gym, swimming pool or on the track, hiking in the hills or playing your favorite slots and table games at an online casino.
Whatever you do each day, make an effort to eat healthy food; grin, grimace and pout in front of the mirror and find a happy space in your heart. We promise you’ll be beautiful, not only to your friends and onlookers but to yourself too. Go girl… get gorgeous the natural way!