Have you been looking for natural yet affordable skincare products in the Philippines? Well, I’m proud to say that your search is now over! Body Luxe by House of Vanity Enterprise is committed to bring the best and affordable All Natural Skin Care and Body Products to the Market. I was approached by them a few weeks ago, and so for the next few weeks expect a bunch of natural skincare product reviews from their brand starting with this House of Vanity’s Body Luxe Algowhite Soap Review.
What is it?
Body Luxe Algowhite Soap is a powerful All-in-one Skin Enhancing Soap. It is made from all natural ingredients Arbutin from Bearberry, Virgin Coconut Oil, Glutathione and Seaweed Extract.
- Arbutin is a molecule extracted from the bearberry plant that prevents the formation of melanin, it also functions as tyrosinase inhibitor to provide skin lightening and brightening effects. It’s gentler than other skin-brightening ingredients, since arbutin’s active component is released slowly, it can be less irritating than other skin-lightening agents and better for those with sensitive skin, plus the bearberry plant which actually has sun protection properties and can reduce the degree of skin darkening after sun exposure.
- Virgin Coconut Oil is effective as anti-ageing and anti-wrinkle. It promotes skin rejuvenation and regain youthful appearance, besides acting as anti-bacterial, antiviral and anti-protozoal by preventing any skin diseases.
- Glutathione a known whitening Agent works against skin darkening by reducing melanin formation and promoting skin exfoliation. It restores skin to look young and vibrant and get rid of uneven skin color and other pigmentation problems.
- Seaweed exfoliates skin without drying, it removes old skin cells and unlike traditional soaps that do exfoliate.
- Algowhite prevents skin from dryness which is a major cause of wrinkles and other skin issues. It claims to give your skin the best skin exfoliation while not losing moisture in your skin. A soap solution to correct any skin imperfection.
APPLICATION: Since I have an acne-prone skin, I decided to use the Body Luxe Algowhite Soap on my body. The texture was nice, it’s creamy enough for a nice lather on your skin.
SMELL: It smells very lovely, it kinda reminds me of Johnson’s Baby Soap. And who doesn’t love the mild lovely scents of baby soaps?
PACKAGING: Body Luxe Algowhite Soap is packaged in a semi-glossy box, but unlike most soaps you could buy from your local drugstore, the soap itself is also wrapped in plastic. Which I like because as someone who stock on soaps, the plastic protects the soap from moisture.
RESULTS: I’ve been using the Body Luxe Algowhite Soap for almost a week now. I like that it’s creamy yet hard enough –did that sound weird?!– anyway, my point is because of that, it doesn’t to dilute easily in water. So that’s a money-saver! Although it’s too early to say if the the whitening agent works, I noticed that my skin is getting brighter and less dry. But for a Php140 for a Php140 anti-aging soap that doesn’t dilute easily, I say this is a good product. Trust me, if you buy from other brands or popular skin clinics, you Php140 soap is so small but the size of the Body Luxe Algowhite Soap is almost the size of a jumbo Safeguard soap.
PROS: It’s a natural soap that brightens and moisturizes your skin that doesn’t dilute easily.
CONS: As far as I know you can only buy it online.
Where to buy?
Body Luxe Algowhite Soap is sold by House of Vanity for Php140 or almost US$3. You can buy it online on House of Vanity’s website. But if you’re from Davao City, you can find them on No. 524 Corner Loyola & Porras Street, Bo. Obrero Davao City. You can also find them on Facebook here. Lastly, you can also buy some of their products in Lazada.
What do you think of Body Luxe Algowhite Soap review? Would you like to try them? Share it below.
** I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.