[eltdf_dropcaps type=”normal” color=”#C0C0C0″ background_color=””]O[/eltdf_dropcaps]ne cannot underestimate the importance of proofreading the written essay or a text. You might be planning to submit your essay to the selection committee for marking and for consideration but the essay must pass through a proofreading process prior to that. In fact, proofreading is both a skill and an art which involves comprehending the intricacy of the language and having a perfect eye for detail. Since a lot of skill is needed in the task of proofreading, not everyone is capable at that. The best way to proofread your essay is to visit Assignment baron.
The kinds of errors a proofreader may trace
The role of a proofreader when you write an essay cannot be ignored. There are various kinds of errors that a proofreader can point out. They include spelling mistakes, change of fonts, grammar and sentence construction errors, improper spacing and inconsistent text alignment. A proofreader has the prime purpose of checking the text consistency in a general manner. For instance, it may happen that you were disagreeing on certain points in the initial stage and later on started to agree with it. A proofreader will check for even the minutest of mistakes possible. To proofread an essay in the finest manner, you may employ a professional proofreader for the task.
Tips to proofreading
There is no universal way for proofreading an essay. But still you may follow the below stated tips:
- After composing an essay, just keep it aside for 2-3 hour sand give it a rest. Proofread the essay with fresh eyes after hours.
- Read up the essay several times and just address a single issue at one time. First, you can read up the essay to find the punctuation error, spelling errors and then move onto the grammar part. At last, you can trace out wrong information, if any.
- It is good to double check the figures, facts and names you have added. Check the spelling of the names properly. The information you enter must be accurate.
- Print out the text and just review the written part minutely, word by word. If you read up the essay in other format, you will easily point out the errors.
- Always read the essay aloud and ask your friend to do the same. You must hear each and every word and only then you will know the errors it has.
- Use a spellchecker to catch the mistakes. There can be repeated words, spelling mistakes in the write-up and it is spell checker which may point out all of them.
- If you are unsure of any spelling, do use your dictionary. Not every time the spellchecker gives correct spellings.
- Read the essay backwards to find the errors and mistakes. Start reading from the last word of the text and move to the start. You have to focus on individual words and not just on the sentences.
- Note down the kind of errors you make. Refer to the list each time you proofread.
- Ask your friend to proofread the essay for you.
By proofreading the essay several times, you can come up with an error free write-up which would help you fetch high marks. The essay must be read again and again till you are satisfied that there is no error in it.