If you are like me, you absolutely adore fall! The leaves start to change, the weather begins to cool down, and the trends shift in favor of more vampy and polished looks. Whether you are looking to rock a matte lip, or simply want to sizzle with a smoky eye, you can always count on makeup trends to help put a little “fall pep-in-your-step” as the weather turns. As for makeup recommendations, many are talking about Glo Minerals! What brands are you raving about this season?
Trend 1: All Smoked Out – One particular look that took the Fall 2015 runways by storm was a bronzed out metallic smoky eye, which, sounds intimidating, right? Wrong! We like to get this done in four steps:
- Sweep your base color all over your lid.
- Grab your favorite shimmery bronzer and apply from just above your crease and down.
- Apply a darker shimmery brown on the lid.
- Blend this out with your favorite blending brush and slap on some mascara!
When all else fails, YouTube! There are so many beauty gurus (and enthusiasts) who make fabulous tutorials taking you step-by-step through the most basic (and most difficult) of smoky eye looks.
Trend 2: Marvelous Matte – Matte lips were in last fall, and they are coming back in a big way! However, much like smoky eyes, achieving a matte lip can be difficult (and daunting), which is why we want to share our favorite tips with you!
- Exfoliate – You can do this by creating your own concoction (brown sugar + coconut oil + honey = a tasty treat that is great for sloughing away dead skin), or simply running your toothbrush gently over your lips.
- Moisturize – Make this your first step after brushing your teeth. If applying your lipstick comes at the end of your makeup routine, your lips should be moisturized without being overly emollient, meaning your matte lip will be placed on top of an already moisturized base.
- Lastly, don’t be afraid to make mistakes – If you happen to go a little outside the lines, don’t remove your lipstick and start from the beginning. Removing matte lipstick repeatedly is incredibly irritating to the sensitive skin on your lips. Instead, grab a Q-tip and dab some coconut oil (or any oil of your choice) and clean up the edges. After this is done you can reapply the concealer/foundation as needed, set, and enjoy!
Trend 3: Barely There Makeup – This is a beloved trend because it requires such little effort! However, if eyeliner and mascara are still a must for you, don’t fret. Reach for natural shades of brown to help make your eyes pop. It is important that you do not overdo it; otherwise the “natural” element will be lost. Also, applying a concealer or eye shadow one to two shades darker than your natural skin tone to your eyelids will give you a fresh faced look, while allowing your eyes to pop.
Trend 4: Cat Eyes of All Kinds – From small wings, to extreme pencil flicks, cat eyes will be all the rage this Fall! Rather than getting frustrated with uneven edges, you can apply scotch tape (always be sure to stick it to your clothing a few times to weaken the glue first) to your under eye, angled any which way to create the flawless cat eye of your dreams. This will ensure straight and even lines, and will allow you to create your cat eye with either a liner or any eye shadow of your choosing!
Trend 5: Dewey Skin – This trend is gorgeous, but can often times be tricky, since there is a fine line between gorgeous dew, and oil slick. If you have naturally dry to normal skin, reach for a liquid illuminator. This can be worn above or below your foundation. For those with oily skin, apply your typical matte foundation and sweep a powdered highlight overtop to create a shimmery, dewey appearance. Whether you are dry or oily, opt for a more natural look, hitting spots the light normally hits like the tops of your cheeks, under the brow bone, and along the tip of the nose.
Which of these fall trends is your favorite?