For the past year cushion compacts has took over the beauty industry and expanded to more products like blush and even eye liners. But before I tell you the best cushion compacts in the market, let me briefly explain to you what exactly are they. Just in case you still don’t.
On my interview with W2Beauty owner, Alice, she said that cushion compacts are “basically a kind of all in one item. It gives some coverage, some SPF, some glowing and natural look, and it is really easy to apply and doesn’t make your finger dirty compared to the BB cream etc. which makes it SUPER convenient. A must have in your bag. If you have to take 1 and only 1 item, get the Cushion.”
The 10 Best Cushion Compacts to Try
1. Lancome MIRACLE CUSHION Liquid Cushion Compact Foundation ($47): Do you know the saying “if you can’t beat them, join them”? Well, that’s exactly what Lancome did and they conquered. Earlier this year Lancome announced they will also launch a cushion compact. Although their cushion compact is made with foundation, it still ranked the #1 cushion compact by Rank & Style. It gives you a dewy glow, and it’s an oil-free foundation that gives light to medium coverage while hydrating your skin as well as a moisturizer would. Good for oily-prone skin.
2. AmorePacific Color Control Cushion Compact Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ ($60): One of the best cushion compacts in the market. It has been featured on my blog many many times and even called the “only compact you’ll ever need to keep in your makeup bag” by majority of beauty bloggers. This CC cream comes in a sweet and handy compact for easy application anywhere, has SPF 50, and gives you light to medium coverage. It is made with natural botanicals and not tested on animals. And also paraben and sulfate free.
3. Laneige BB Cushion ($34): This one is from my favorite Korean beauty brand. This one is perfect for those with oily skin or lives in a humid country… or just like to dance a lot in rave parties. This BB cushion has a sweat-proof formula that’ll keep your look in place while you twist and shout. It also controls oil and prevents excess shine while cooling and hydrating your skin. Besides having an SPF 50, it also cools your skin which is perfect for summer season. BUT THAT’S NOT ALL. This Laneige BB Cushion is available in darker colors which most Korean beauty brands lack.
4. Dr. Jart BB Bounce Beauty Balm ($48): If you read my post 8 Korean Products You Must Try This Summer, I mentioned there that Dr. Jart BB cream is the best BB cream and the one you should try first. Well, that BB cream also comes in cushion compacts. This beauty balm promises to give your skin incredible firmness, even out skin tone, hide pesky blemishes and give your skin the moisture it needs. Warning: Once you get your hands on this beauty balm you’ll never be able to live without it.
5. Pur Minerals Air Perfection Cushion Foundation SPF 50 ($43): Using a nifty liquid-dispensing cushion, this incredibly lightweight foundation keeps you covered with SPF 50 and gives you sheer, medium coverage that is designed for quick and expert blending.
6. It Cosmetics CC+ Veil Beauty Fluid Foundation SPF 50 ($38): This cushion compact is clinically proven to brighten and even out your complexion by minimizing pores and fine lines and is infused with pure color pigments to give you the matte complexion you crave.
7. 3Lab Aqua BB SPF 40 ($100): Get complete coverage as you blend with this incredibly lightweight liquid BB cream that conceals wrinkles, redness and other annoyances, as the SPF 40 protects your skin against future sun damage and aging
8. Stila Got Inked™ Cushion Eye Liner ($28): This unique lightweight liner delivers seamless, smooth color via a cushiony sponge soaked in highly pigmented color. Much like a fountain pen, glide around your eye area quickly to get the high-definition look you desire.
9. AmorePacific Iope Air Cushion XP SPF50 ($34): This particular AmorePacific cushion compact has been featured more than twice on my blog. Alice of W2Beauty actually recommended this! Some beauty bloggers even say this is actually the first cushion compact in the market. What is it? Well, this multitasking product is not made with BB or CC cream but seem unfair to call it just a foundation, given that it provides sun protection (SPF 50), evens skin tone, covers up blemishes, and moisturizes skin all at the same time.
10. Etude House Precious Mineral Any Cushion ($18): This pearl mineral foundation works to whiten your skin while providing wrinkle care and expert SPF protection. It gives you all-day coverage, making it a great pick for daily wear. It also comes in Pink to give you a pinkish glow and Green to remove your skin redness.