Whether you live in a country where it is humid all year round or it will just last for a few months because of summer, one thing is for sure: it sucks for people with oily skin. In my case, I live in the Philippines where it is very humid almost all year round and yes, my skin is oily. Actually, it’s a combination type, oily in some parts then dry in others. Nevertheless, it sucks. So trust me when I say I know what are the best oil control products.
1. Benefit Cosmetics The Porefessional ($31): This is the higesht rated and the most beloved oil-free balm for a very long time now. It may be pricier than most primers in the market but it is worth every penny. It’s great worn under makeup and can also be used during the day as a touch-up to get rid of shine and combat problem areas. It also minimizes the appearance of pores and fine lines.
2. Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray ($14) & Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion ($20): Keep your makeup looking fresh for up to 16 hours by setting it with this spray that is so weightless you’ll barely feel it, leaving behind no sticky residue. I also love UD’s eyeshadow primer, a nude cream that makes colors more vibrant. It is actually on my several roundups and makeup tutorials.
3. Perfekt Skin Perfection Gel ($48): Have ever experinced waking up and it feels like it’s too humid for a full foundation application even after you showered? The solution: tinted gel moisturizer! Get the best of both worlds and smooth on this tinted gel to moisturize and improve your skin tone – without any extra oil, of course. This is the best alternative to traditional foundation, primer, color corrector and powder.
4. Tatcha Aburatorigami Japanese Beauty Papers ($12): If you prefer organic or vegan products then these are the oil-blotting papers for you. Handmade in Japan from 100% natural abaca leaf and gold flake. So it’s biodegradable.
5. Murad Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15 PA++ ($40): All Murad products are great for acne-prone skin, which can be particularly troublesome during the hot, humid months. This one has sun protection, works hard to control oil, and reduces your breakouts. Plus, it’s paraben, sulfate and phthalate free and proven to control oil for up to eight hours.
6. Cetaphil DermaControl Oil Control Moisturizer with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30 ($15): Long a favorite of dermatologists, that’s why it’s no suprise that some of us (including me) have been using this product since high school. This Cetaphil moisturizer works well for those with combination/oil skin. It protects skin from the sun and offers needed moisture while absorbing quickly to provide the matte complexion acne-prone skin needs. Yes, this is a matte finish moisturizer that reduces dryness and roughness.
7. Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets ($5): These affordable, absorbent sheets have been around for years, and it’s easy to see why. They quickly absorb all excess oil on your skin without smudging makeup. And yes, I’ve been using this too since I was in high school, it’s part of my school essentials like ballpen and notebook.