Yes! Summer is finally here. There will be getaways, road trips, chilling in the pool, margaritas on the beach or just like the baby above, lots of water sports. We all have great expectations (and no, I’m not referring to Charles Dickens’ book that turned into a boring movie).
But in reality, we’re something like these:
Regardless of what you’re all going to do this summer, one thing is for sure: it will be hot. And because you’ll be spending some blissful days outdoors, it’s important to cleanse, protect and especially hydrate your skin. You don’t only need a sunscreen, you also need hydrating products this summer. And some of these hydrating beauty products are ideal for throwing into your weekend bag for quick fixes.
1. Avene Thermal Spring Water Spray ($13): Soften your skin and restore balance with this calming and soothing spray that’s clinically tested and dermatologist-approved. Plus, it’s hypoallergenic and preservative free.
2. Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Dark Spot Sun Defense Broad Spectrum SPF 50 ($42): Aside from protecting your skin, this sunscreen reduces the appearances of dark spots, uneven skin tone and aging around your eye area. It also prevents damage from UVA/UVB rays.
3. Supergoop! Defense Refresh Setting Mist SPF 50 ($28): Get your dose of SPF 50 throughout the day by spraying on this lightweight mist that won’t disturb makeup and helps control oil and shine. It has a scent of rosemary and mint, a definite must-have for every summer outing.
4. Nivea In-Shower Hydrating Body Lotion For Normal to Dry Skin ($8): Why not save time and moisture concurrently? After cleansing your skin, apply this hydrating body lotion before rinsing it off with hot water. Perfect for lazy girls! Consider yourself moisturized and carry on.
5. Chanel Hydra Beauty Micro Serum Intense Replenishing Hydration ($110): Know how you feel after a long workout and all you want is water? Hydrating your skin with this intense replenishing serum will keep it moisturized, smooth and glowing for 24 hours. Yes, it has 24 hours of continuous moisturizing and it’s water-light.
6. Burt’s Bees Sensitive Facial Cleansing Towelettes with Cotton Extract ($6): Made especially for sensitive skin, these towelettes cleanse deeply yet gently, removing dirt, oil, and makeup. After cleansing there’s no rinsing necessary, making them great to bring while travelling. And oh, it’s fragrance free too.