Flowers are great and store-bought jewelry are nice, but personally, I like giving gifts that is handmade and more heartfelt. Unless I’m very busy and out of time, then I just buy something I think will be very useful to the person for a long time. I’m not a “it’s the thought that counts” kind of person when it comes to giving gifts. So if you’re like me, then show how much you love your mom with a handmade gift straight from the heart. Here are five DIY Mother’s Day gift ideas that she will absolutely adore.
1. DIY Photo Magnets: I believe that refrigerator doors are not only a place for cute magnets and to-do lists, it is also a place for photos of your family’s beautiful memories. This gift is perfect to show your mom how much you love her and your happy times with her especially if you live away from her. (via Sundaesins)
2. Sentimental Photo Holder: If photo magnets is not your thing, show your mom what she means to you by clipping some of your favorite photos together to a stained pine board instead and pinning a handwritten note or a heart-warming printable beside it. (Print available here)
3. Cheap & Chic Pouch: If you have a very organized mom, the kind of person who has a bag inside a bag inside a bag because she’s that organized the stuff on her bag are sorted, then this is the perfect DIY mother’s day gift for her. Make as many as you can in different colors to help her get organized and chic. (via Country Living)
4. DIY Bow Tote Bag: Speaking of bags, why not make your mom a stylish new tote bag that she could use in the beach (since summer is coming) or something chic that she can use when she goes to the supermarket and farmer’s market. Since most moms these days no longer uses paper bags or plastic bags to help save the planet, you should encourage your mom too! Plus, this DIY will only take you an hour. (via Elm Street Life)
5. Hand Print Art: If you’re helping coordinate a Mother’s Day gift for your younger sister or brother, try doing this easy and heartfelt piece of hand print art. You two will not only bond but will also make our mom happy. (via Munchkin Time)