Some people resort making their own natural beauty product at home because there are very few selections in the market. Most beauty products available in the market are often have chemicals that we are not aware are bad for our skin or causing harm to our environment because they don’t exactly put those stuff on their labels. But did you know that doing your own beauty product is sometimes unhygienic? Unlike laboratories of cosmetic companies, we are often not aware of little details that could cause us harm like allergies or infections.
That’s why when I heard about Himalaya Herbals was launching in the Philippines, I got really excited. Their products has 100% Herbal Actives and free from harmful chemicals like SLS, SLES, Parabens, Pthalates etc. They are methodologically tested, hypoallergenic, clinically tested for effectiveness, and suitable for women, men and children. But most of all, they are never tested on animals. Luckily, last month, they sent me a box full of their products from face wash to face creams and even a toothpaste! So below is my and my family’s Himalaya Herbals product review. They’re just too many and I cannot use them all at once!
1. Purifying Neem Foaming Face Wash: (Top) By far, this is my #1 favorite from their product line. It contains Neem, well-known for its purifying and antibacterial properties, kills problem-causing bacteria, and combined with Turmeric which helps control acne and pimples, leaving your skin, soft clear, refreshed and problem-free. This is will give you clear and problem-free skin. It’s a soap-free (which is highly recommended by dermatologists for acne-prone skins), daily use foaming face wash that spreads smoothly over your face and removes excess oil and impurities without over-drying. Tip: When using a foaming wash, leave it for 20-30 seconds like a face mask. It will help give more moisture to your skin. And try not to rub it on your skin, just pat it gently and let the foam move.
2. Clear Complexion Whitening Face Wash: (Bottom-right) This one is for those who wants natural beauty product with whitening ability. It contains Saffron, well-known for its complexion enhancing properties helps clear skin of spots and blemishes, combined with Licorice and White Dammer which help regulate melanin synthesis restoring your skin’s natural fairness. And Pomegranate that nourishes and lastly, Cucumber soothes your skin.This is a soap-free, daily use face wash that cleanses and clarifies your skin of impurities, giving you a clear, radiant and even complexion. Tip: Use morning and evening for visibly brighter, clearer and glowing skin.
3. Purifying Neem Face Wash: (Bottom-middle) This is the gel version of the purifying neem foaming face wash mentioned above. So just like it, this is will also give you clear and problem-free skin. And also contains neem and turmeric.
4. Gentle Exfoliating Daily Face Wash: (Bottom-left) This one is my parents’ favorite. Both my mom and my dad said it is one of the most gentle exfoliating face wash they ever used. It contains apricot granules that gently scrub off dead skin cells, help stimulate fresh cell growth and prevent formation of blackheads. Neem and Lemon deep cleanse which removes excess oil. And Aloe Vera, which soothes your skin and maintains its natural moisture balance, leaving your skin fresh, rejuvenated and glowing, day after day. It is another soap-free, daily use exfoliating face wash that effectively cleanses your skin and gently exfoliates dead skin cells.
5. Complete Care Herbal Toothpaste: (left) This is my mom and I’s second favorite and I’m sure all those with sensitive teeth and bleeding gums will love this too. Most of us, especially Filipinos, are used to household name toothpaste brands that are focusing on fighting bacteria (which is good) and teeth whitening, they forgot our gums! Well, often the cause of those are from the gums. This toothpaste is an advanced herbal formulation that ensures your gums remain healthy and protected. Its Gum Expert Formula, with herbal actives of Miswak, Neem and Pomegranate, helps prevent gum inflammation, reduces gum bleeding and keeps them healthy.
6. Clear Complexion Whitening Day Cream: (upper-right) A light and non greasy cream, enriched with extracts of Licorice and White Dammar that provides triple whitening action. It regulates melanin synthesis to give a fairer, brighter complexion. This also helps clear dark spots and uneven pigmentation and the breakthrough herbal Cinnabloc provides UV protection and prevents skin darkening.
7. Nourishing Skin Cream: (lower-right) Another light and non-greasy daily-use cream but this time for the body. It provides all-day moisturizing, nourishment and protection to your skin. It contains Indian Aloe (Aloe Vera), which nourishes and moisturizes. Withnania somnifera (Winter Cherry) and Pterocarpus marsupium (Indian Kino Tree) protect skin from pollution and dry weather.
Last Note: All Himalaya Herbals products I used all have this “herbal” scent that is surprisingly good and not stingy at all.
Himalaya Herbals are available in Mercury Drug and Watson stores. For more details like HImalaya Herbals Philippines Facebook page.