It’s no that the rest of the world are getting obsessed with everything and anything Korean beauty right now. Seoul has replaced Paris as the city where in-the-know girls look to see what’s new, what’s now, and what’s next in beauty. But the problem is, it’s hard to keep your finger on the pulse when you’re not, you know, in the front line of South Korea’s trends. All that knowledge comes second hand, based on what someone else decided was worthy enough to pass. Hell, it took 30 years for BB creams to finally make it Stateside. South Korea got the beauty game on lock and is a decade ahead of science. What else has the rest of the world been missing all this time?
I’m not Korean nor live in South Korea but it’s only an hour away from the Philippines (via air of course). We have Korean channels and TV personalities (even a news reporter) on local TV. There are even Koreans in our neighborhood, and I had Korean classmates. What I’m trying to say is, they invaded our country. Just kidding! What I mean is, what’s trending in South Korea is definitely trending in the Philippines. We get the first dibs on their latest trends before the US or other countries in the west. So from today, I’ll be blogging about Korean Beauty trends starting with shops where you could buy Korean beauty products online regardless of where you live.
1. StyleKorean: Founded in 2012, this shop has been selling Korean beauty products internationally. They carry more than 3,000 different kinds of products such as CosRX (my favorite pictured above), Innisfree, Etude House, Laneige, and even the latest (and hottest in Korea right now) brands such as AprilSkin and Huxley in their warehouse in Korea. But they also have warehouses in Hong Kong, China, and the United States so they could ship their products in different countries faster. They ship internationally and you can get free samples for every purchase. Lastly, they also offer free shipping on orders above Php1500 in the Philippines, $60 in the United States, and $80 for Australia. (NOTE: If you’re from the Philippines, you don’t need to worry about customs duty because StyleKorean has a local courier partner so your orders will be ship directly to your house without paying any customs tax.)
2. Soko Glam: Charlotte Cho created Soko Glam in 2012 with the help of her co-founder and husband Dave in order to help Western customers discover Korean cosmetics, beauty trends, and skincare regimens. She scours the South Korean market, looking for only the best and most popular products to bring to the US, personally testing and reviewing every single item that crosses her path. Soko Glam ships to Australia, Canada, France, India, Ireland, Italy, New Zealand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Norway, Poland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the UK.
3. Wishtrend: I love this company’s motto “We are believing that as long as you ‘WISH’ to be beautiful, you will be beautiful.” Unlike other stores listed here, WishTrend also sells makeup tools from Korea. And they ship worldwide and offers free shipping on orders above $69 straight from South Korea.
4. YesStyle: This is one of the oldest online shops I know that does not only sell Korean beauty products, but they also sell clothes, shoes, and accessories that are very trendy in Korea. They ship worldwide, especially in the US and UK. I once bought a pair of boots in here.
5. Althea Korea: This one is my favorite Korean Beauty Online Shop. They have a vast selection of k-beauty products, even from those that aren’t yet popular outside of Korea. Plus, they also offer the lowest possible price. The downside is, they’re only available in few Asian countries like Korea (obviously), Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, and Indonesia. But if you live in the Philippines, they offer cash-on-delivery or bank deposit for payments besides PayPal and credit cards. (UPDATE: Althea will soon ship in western countries. For more details visit my Althea FAQ post here.)
6. Urban Outfitters: The ultra-hip retailer has curated an awesome online selection of 248 ready-to-shop Korean beauty products from seven cult brands that include products that sound as familiar as an avocado cleansing cream to quirky finds like bright jelly lipsticks. Ships to US and UK.
7. W2Beauty: Founded by Alice, a very lovely lady, W2Beauty offers over 10,000 Korean Beauty products. If you couldn’t find K-beauty products on other places, you’ll surely find it in here. What I like the most about this shop is that Alice is very generous with samples and they offer free shipping worldwide straight from South Korea!
**Shops Where To Buy Korean Beauty Products Online was originally posted on September 12, 2014. But since it’s popularity, I update this whenever I discover new shops. Last Update: September 20, 2017
Style Nanda – Just like Yes Style above, this shop is also a popular online clothing shop but they also have good K-beauty products that are exclusively from 3CE, which is a brand that does not only have cute packaging but also great quality products with a wide range of shades.
Cult Beauty – This is a UK-based online shop that offers free shipping worldwide. They have brands like Charlotte Tilbury, Pixi, Lime Crime, Huda, Anastasia Beverly Hills, and more, but they also sell Korean beauty brands such as Innisfree, CosRx and more! And don’t be intimidated by the prices, if you live outside of the UK or EU, the prices (which is the tax) will be deducted.
Amazon – This is probably the biggest e-commerce site in the world so it’s not a surprise that they will also have Korean beauty products on their list of many products. But I heard some horror stories from some buyers, so to make sure that the product you will buy is authentic, read the seller’s review and rating.
Q-Depot – I also highly recommend this shop because of their vast selection of Korean beauty products and reasonable price. I swear, when I cannot find a certain product, I find it in their store as well. Plus, they also offer free shipping on orders above $69 and generous with free samples.