Last season, it was Fendi’s fuzzy little Bag Bugs were the “it accessory” and even became an Instagram sensation, now a fur pom-pom made to look like Fendi creative director Karl Lagerfeld is set to be next season’s hottest accessory. Behold, the Fendi Karlito and here are six the things you need to know about this next “it accessory”.
1. It’s usually Karl Lagerfeld’s luxury creations that incite waiting lists, but for the first time a meme of the designer himself is going to sell like hotcakes. And it’s all thoroughly official.
2. As of July 8, 2014 WWD reported that the Fendi Karlito has 600 people on the waiting list. Did that ever happen with Hermes Birkin bag in one season?
3. The Telegraph reported that it may cost £935 or around $1,598. Sure, a steep price for a bag charm, but these mini Karl complete with his signature black sunglasses are too adorable. Why not carry it around, if you have the cash. Though I hope they also come with mini Diet Coke. That will be super duper cute indeed.
4. It is made of black mink, a black tie in nappa leather and a white shirt collar with a silver fox body.
5. The charm comes in three different colourways – marked by the goat’s hair tuft above Karlito’s ponytail which comes in orange, hot pink and blue.
6. Fendi already earned half a million pounds from this Karlito bag charm. The brand clearly knows that it has struck gold.
Any thoughts about this Fendi Karlito Bag Charm? Share it below.