If you suffer from acne, you must choose a foundation that doesn’t clog pores, irritate your skin or leave spots looking worse that they actually You see, I’m giving you a tip here that I wish I knew during my puberty: Use a mineral-based and/or oil free foundations, which will actually combat spots as well as cover them. But before you read the roundup of foundations for acne prone skin, first things first: according to Bianca Valerio‘s book Face to Face: The Healing Power of Makeup, ALL makeup in the market are made up of minerals. So what’s the difference between a regular makeup and a “mineral” makeup? Mineral makeup denotes the absence of allergens or harmful ingredients like parabens, preservatives, talc and other synthetic additives. These can be also called as Organic Makeup or Green Beauty. And, expect them to be a little pricier than your regular makeup.
5 Best Foundations For Acne Prone Skin
1. Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation $40: Once you have found the right shade, you will fall in love with this liquid foundation. It’ll never irritate and will improve your skin’s texture while you wear it. Packed with vitamins, emollients and redness reducers, this product is safe for even the most sensitive of skin plus, it’s been developed under the supervision of dermatologists and clinically tested, for a truly healthy foundation. Oh and did I mention the coverage? It’s AY-MAY-ZING and lets you build it up really easily without looking like you’ve packed on loads – so you can wear it day or night.
2. Bobbi Brown EXTRA Repair Foundation SPF 25 $58: Available in 14 shades, this foundation from Bobbi Brown gives skin the perfect balance of coverage, moisture and sun protection. It’s feel-great formula – packed with goodies like Shea Butter and Evening Primrose Oil, gives skin a fresh and healthy glow, which over time, helps to replenish and strengthen skin. Sounds like a winning formula!
3. Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Liquid Makeup $42: This lightweight liquid foundation is perfect for oily skin – not only does it give amazing coverage- it also has skin clearing benefits that work on existing breakouts to keep them from coming back! So you’ll not only be concealing and neutralises the appearance of redness, you’ll also be preventing future blemishes, all while managing to look natural in the process.
4. Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 $43: Want to cover a few spots but don’t fancy going for a full-on foundation? Well, I’ve got the answer – this fab tinted moisturiser from Laura Mercier. Its oil-free formula controls oil-breakthrough with hydration, so you won’t end up feeling like you’ve got lizard skin, but will still get that natural, ‘no make-up’ look.
5. Bare Minerals Original SPF 15 Foundation $27: With this mineral powder foundation, it’s easy to achieve flawless coverage with a naturally luminous finish without feeling like you’re ‘caking’ on make-up. The creamy minerals look like a powder but, when applied, feel like a silky, soft cream and buff on beautifully. Made with the purest, highest-quality ingredients, it adheres to your skin’s natural oils and sits on your skin instead of seeping into your pores. It also has protecting properties as it acts as a barrier between your skin and the environment while still letting your skin breathe. If you haven’t tried this, you really must!
Do you suffer from acne? Which of these foundations for acne prone skin would you like to try or are you using other brands that’s not listed here? Share it below.