Since late 2011 juice cleanse has been very trendy with women (and some men) who wants a healthier and slimmer version of themselves but actually it has been around since the dawn of time. Ancient people uses juices as medicines or as an elixir for a healthier and beautiful version of themselves. But today of course, we do not need any ancient doctor to be able to drink such juices, today all you need is to go to your nearest supermarket and a juicer or blender.
But why not just buy your juice at the store? Because store-bought juice tends to be processed, and usually contains non-useful ingredients like corn syrup, fructose, or sugar. Even when juice says “100% natural” on the front, it is nothing like raw, fresh juice. It’s been heated and sterilized and has additives to make every batch taste the same, and it was probably made quite a few days ago.
With juicing for example, you pick up an apple, toss it in the juicer with the skin and seeds and core (but not the pits or stems — juicers don’t like those), and fresh juice comes out five seconds later. You get all the micro-nutrients that were in the apple (especially in the skin) and you know exactly what went into your apple juice. So if you want a shiny hair, prevent bloating, cure your hangover, glowing skin, workout energy, better period or even a better mood? I got you covered! Below are juice recipes for your beauty and body problems.
1. Juice Recipe for Glowing, Clear Skin: The way our skin looks affects us. When it’s clear and glowing, makeup glides on smoothly, and we cease to even think about it. But when our complexion acts up, it becomes a selfish, temperamental beast with no respect. Bumps and rashes aren’t entirely our skin’s fault—skin is the body’s largest organ, and also one of its largest waste elimination systems. Toxins in our body sometimes surface through the skin. Soaps, gels, creams aren’t your only defense. Good nutrition can keep the toxins at bay from the inside out. This juice recipe will give your skin all the nutrition it needs to keep it clear and glowing. Main Ingredients: Green Apples, Fennel Bulb, Beet, Pear & Dandelion Greens.
2. Juice Recipe to Prevent Bloating: There’s nothing worse than finishing a meal only to realize the evidence is showing in a slightly bulging stomach. This juice will detoxify you and has puffiness-fighting properties and tastes naughtily sweet. Main Ingredients: Honeydew Melon, Cucumber, Grapes, Parsley and Lime.
3. Juice Recipe for Workout Energy: A pre- and post-workout raw juice that’s tasty and full of stuff that provides both a boost of energy and helps muscles recover. Main Ingredients: Cucumber, Celery Stalks, Apples, Watermelons.
4. Juice Recipe for A Better Mood: This juice recipe is full of happiness-boosting antioxidants and micronutrients, this juice will help set your jangled nerves on the road to recovery. Main Ingredients: Jicama, Blueberries, Seedless Grapes, Apples and Lemons.
5. Juice Recipe for A Better Period: Periods are not fair. Some are annoying and irregular and full of full of cramps and puffiness and crabbiness and headaches. Ugh! This juice is designed to ease the discomfort. Hopefully your next period will be better. Main Ingredients: Carrots, Celery Stalks, Apples, Lemon & Ginger.
6. Juice Recipe for Healthier and Shinier Hair: The secret to a beautiful hair is not by buying the most expensive salon hair treatment or products (though sometimes it is a plus) but mainly because of your diet. This juice will give your hair optimal nutrition from the inside out, so it can be its most gorgeous self and break less often. Main Ingredients: Swiss Chard Leaves, Lemon, Naval Orange, Sweet Potato, Carrots & Strawberries.
7. Juice Recipe for Getting Out of A Hangover: This anti-hangover juice does not contain another alcohol (which you no longer need at that state) unlike Bloody Marry and does not also contain any bizarre ingredients unlike “Stinson Hangover Fixer Elixir”. This is 100% organic, unless you decided to put some chilled shot of vodka. Main Ingredients: Watermelon, Limes, Fresh Mint Leaves & Parpley.
8. Juice Recipe for Longer and Stronger Nails: With all the nail art we’re all doing around here, we need to strengthen our claws, right? This recipe will bring nutrition and much-needed TLC to hardworking nails, the same way a deeply quenching rain delivers micronutrients to over-harvested fields. Main Ingredients: Kale Leaves with stems, Mangoes, Apricots, Green or Red Grapes, Blueberries & Chia Seeds.
9. Juice Recipe for A Better Body Odor: You ever smelled a whiff of something and been like “…is that me?” I’ve read articles explaining that our diets affect how we smell -like even down there, if you know what I mean. This juice has proven odor- and bacteria-fighting ingredients. By consuming raw juice with the right nutrients over time, it seems, we can slowly improve our core body odor so that we smell sweeter in general. Main Ingredients: Turnip, Pineapples, Limes, Fresh Mint and Parley.