I’m sure a lot of women had watched “Clueless” and had a case of closet envy after seeing Cher Horowitz’s closet. That movie came out in 1995, and 19 years later, that dream closet can finally be a reality thanks to some killer closet organization apps. These apps does not only make you feel a little like Cher but it will also help you keep track of what you wore a week before so you can plan your outfits ahead. Here are five of my favorites apps to help your organize your closet from cataloguing your entire wardrobe to helping you share outfit ideas with friends for approval.
1. Closet+: Tagged as “The Swiss Army Knife of Style Assistants”, this app helps you coordinate your outfits in advance with a calendar tool. Mark your go-to outfits as favorites, so you’ll constantly have outfit ideas on the ready. The app will even match pieces from your wardrobe together for you, acting as a stylist on the go! The built-in packing list feature makes preparing outfits for traveling and weekend getaways hassle-free.
Price: Free; Available in iOs.
2. Cloth: Categorize your outfits as everyday, event, evening, vacation, work, and as a favorite. Catalogue your outfits so you can constantly refer back to them by storing them in a library. Cloth’s photo editor program even allows you to enhance photos, add Instagram-like filters, and stickers. What I love about this app is that it’s more than just another cataloging app, it’s more like a crowdsourcing one. The community encourages you to take photos and the more social sharing you do, the more badges and points you recieve. Submit yourself modeling your most stylish selections, and you could even be featured on their blog!
Price: Free; Avaialbe in iOs.
3. Pose: Share your style while being inspired by others around the world – more than tracking what’s in your closet, Pose encourages users to share daily looks and become fashion bloggers themselves. With features to share and rate users. It also highlights popular users, giving us a glimpse of what fellow fashionistas across the globe are wearing via Tumblr. Another thing, E-commerce is the next step for Pose, as the app is developing ways to utilize itself as a retailer (maybe banking on the fact that its users are checking the tags on popular looks, of course to find where they can purchase those pieces). Some of the top names in the fashion business are striking a Pose, including our favorite celeb stylist, Rachel Zoe!
4. Stylish Girl: Stylish Girl displays your entire wardrobe simultaneously, so you can have full view of all of your options. There’s even an e-commerce feature where you can shop online and check if items you are browsing match with what’s already in your closet. Share your wardrobe with friends, and even get celebrity outfit inspiration delivered right to your phone.
Price: Free; for more information visit stylishandcool.com.
5. Netrobe: Have a ton of clothes? Netrobe to the rescue. Users can take photos of everything they own, and items are then stored in categories like dresses, tops, pants, and beachwear. The Styleboard tab lets you mix and match outfits from the items in your directory virtually and there’s unlimited space to lay out multiple outfits for dates, work, the weekend, and more. The app even keeps track of your “worn history” so you’ll never repeat looks when you don’t want to. Pack items for a trip thanks to a virtual suitcase.
Price: Free; For more details visit Netrobe.com