New week, new roundup of DIY projects from my favorite blogs. This week I’m introducing A Pair and A Spare, a how-to website by Geneva Vanderzeil for the modern woman who loves to make beautiful things. I’ve featured some of its best DIY projects before on my roundup of things you should DIY before Coachella starts with an amazing Alexander Wang inspired gladiator sandals. But this blog never stops giving its readers amazig projects that’s why I’m doing this entire post dedicated to it.
What makes A Pair and A Spare stand out from the rest of vast DIY blogs is that it creates DIY projects inspired from the runways of New York, London, Milan and Paris. Its projects are not just jewelries or bags, Geneva Vanderzeil do shoes and clothes such as coats too! Below is a roundup of my favorite DIY projects for summer season from A Pair and A Spare that you will surely want to DIY too especially if you’re a fashion junkie.
1. DIY Balamain Inspired Chain Belt: One of the most eye catching pieces in Balmain Spring 2014 was the chain belts. As far as I know it’s not available or rather doesn’t have a knock off version in low end brands, so what a budget fashionista should do? DIY of course!
2. DIY Wrap Gladiator Sandals: Gladiator styles have continued to be popular this season, which is something I’m rejoicing because a) they look great on b) they’re easy to make and c) they’re so much more interesting than a simple summer sandal. And what makes this DIY great is that you can choose the length of your gladiators.
3. DIY Chloe Inspired Scalloped Bikini: Heading to the beach this summer? Then spice up your bikini with this scalloped details. It’s so easy!
4. DIY Stacked Necklace: Stacked necklace is more than just layering. Be the goddess of summer with this amazing DIY necklace.
5. DIY Lace Romper: What could be more appropriate for your summertime wardrobe than a lace romper? This DIY look difficult but Geneva makes it easy for you.
6. DIY Mesh Skirt: It’s never too late to rock sport luxe this season.
7. DIY Balenciaga Inspired Ruffled Skirt: This DIY may be from last season’s Balenciaga collection but come on, it’s so cute. Why not rock it again?
9. DIY Feather Heels: Inspired by past Peter Som and Sergio Rossi collection, this feather heels will make sure you’ll look like a chic tribal queen on your summer party.
10. DIY Cut Out Mini Dress: It’s not summer of 2014 if you pass it without wearing a cut out.
You can see more DIY projects by A Pair and A Spare on her Project Gallery.