Does anyone else find the French saying “je ne sais quoi” maddeningly mysterious? The phrase translates to “I do not know what, ” but when it comes to Parisian style you no longer have to say je ne sais quoi. These tips and inspirational looks by French Fashion Bloggers will make you dress like a French from your chapeau down to your chaussures.
- Vive Le Smoking! The classic look that Yves Saint Laurent introduced in the 60’s is still an ultimate favorite French look.
- Less is more.
- Flats are your friend.
- Keep accessories minimal.
- When in doubt, put on a motorcycle jacket and don’t look back.
- Leave it undone. Whether it’s your shirt half-tucked with a few buttons undone or your boots folded over and left a bit unlaced, looking purposefully unpolished is a French art form.
- Show skin in unexpected ways. Showing décolletage and too much leg? Le boring. French girls much prefer less expected ways of baring skin, like showing off the shoulders or a bare back.
- Add one alluring piece.
Shop these looks:
Photo sources: Miss Pandora, Chic Muse, Mango And Salt, The Blab, Cuillère à Absinthe, Le Blog de Betty, Be Frassy, Absolutely Glamorous, Jeanne Damas, Et Pourquois Pas Coline, The Cherry Blossom Girl, The Working Girl, & Be Frassy