Note: This is a guest post by Ann Joy Perez. Read her bio on the bottom of the post.
Shopping is always a fun activity for most people, as it gives them the chance to see the new arrivals and be an active part of the social world. However, such is not the case when you don’t have enough money to afford the things you want to buy while shopping. Yet you need not worry; there’s always an alternative – window-shopping! You can watch displayed items over the racks, shelves and mannequins and add them to your wish list so you can save an ample amount of money and purchase them in your next visit. In this article, we’ll discuss five advantages of window-shopping.
1. Smart Shopping No, you should not think that by window shopping, you are only drooling yourself and pitying yourself dramatically. On the other side of the coin, consider it as a smart way of shopping. By collecting all your “watched” items first and noting them into your list, you can eliminate those that you really do not need and later would be regretting on buying. By window shopping, you are allowing time to work its wonders while you enjoy discovering likable items presented and saving yourself from buying impulsively with a limited budget. You can shop as much as you can without fearing incurred expenses for several hours. Now that’s what we call “smart”!
2. Relaxation Window shopping somehow helps you to feel less stressed and more relaxed. The point is that since your intention is not to buy any item you see, you will just go on with a free-floating mind and free-spirited physical body. You are not pressured to buy so you won’t exert much effort in comparing and contrasting the products to get in terms of quality, durability, prices, size, design, color, etc. As well, you are not bound by the pressure of time but stroll along the mall of the shop and browse through the windows-treating the activity as a recreation.
3. More Knowledge on Trends As mentioned in the introduction, when you’re window shopping, you get to have a broader view on all types of items as compared to active shopping. With a controlled mind to not make any purchase transaction, you are trained with the objective of expanding your focus to learn not only the things you intend to have but also those that you never knew could interest you. This might be a good thing as you won’t get stuck at having the same preferences and style every time.Window shopping can be your way of “researching” of what’s in and out of the market, and so with proper planning and careful analysis, you will know in which category your style really lies: hot or not.
4. Hands-free Shopping With a leisurely pace, you can explore so many shops or almost the entire mall without tiring yourself out with carrying “heavy” shopped articles from the forms of economical bags, plastic bags, paper bags and other packaging of items. Especially if the mall or the shopping place has an extraordinary ambiance and interior design, you don’t want to take camera photos with all the loots that you have to load and unload from and to your hands for each snapshot.
5. Inspiration for Other Tasks If you turned to the familiarity of the best item designs, style and the like, you will be more inspired to follow and apply them maybe in different parts of your home. Those triggered ideas may be wonderful as you attained a spice of ingenuity without spending a single penny. For instance, you happened to like the combination of clothes a mannequin is wearing, then rummage through your closet and find something similar to that. Another is when you see how the mall display’s drapes fall onto the ground. You can achieve the same effect onto your living room’s curtain and have an improved dress-up of your personal entire space. We hope to have enlightened how window shopping works plus its benefits. It’s a must for Filipinos, to prevent us from over thinking about paying money and enjoy the simple things in life. As the saying goes, “the best things in life are free!” Certainly, window shopping is a living proof.
Author bio: Ann Joy Perez is an alumna from Arellano University Philippines, a former Marketing Assistant and a 25 year old, single. She is into almost all types of Music especially love songs. She also love playing basketball, video games,w atching entertainment and films.watching news TV and reading news paper is one of her favorite hobby and also she loves to eat. Follow her interest on her Tumblr.